Modern Slavery Policy
Grasshopper Communications Ltd is a specialist communications company providing strategic support to organisations operating in the regeneration, planning, property and infrastructure sectors. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards modern slavery.
Definition of Modern Slavery
We consider that modern slavery encompasses human trafficking; forced work, through mental or physical threat; being owned or controlled by an employer through mental or physical abuse of the threat of abuse; being dehumanised, treated as a commodity or being bought or sold as property and being physically constrained or to have restriction placed on freedom of movement.
We are committed to adopting good employment practices operating in the delivery of our services and those in our supply chains and providing better employment opportunities and supporting long term career development for our staff. We support the eradication of unfair employment practices and modern slavery across supply chains in Wales.
We acknowledge its responsibilities in relation to tackling modern slavery under the provisions of Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We will:
- ensure no labour is obtained by means of slavery or human trafficking.
- undertake an ongoing review of both our internal practices in relation to our labour force and, additionally, our supply chains.
- not work with any other organisation, in the United Kingdom or abroad, which knowingly supports or is found to involve itself in slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
- carry out due diligence processes ensuring slavery and/or human trafficking does not take place in our business
- conduct a review of our suppliers’ policies relating to slavery and human trafficking
- review our supplier contracts to include termination powers if the supplier is, or is suspected, to be involved in modern slavery
- ensure measures in place to identify and assess the potential risks of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and take action to reduce the risks
- train our staff on modern slavery.
- appoint a Slavery Compliance Officer to address all concerns regarding slavery and human trafficking.
Download full document here.