Public Affairs Account Executive
Hybrid working – minimum of 2 days per week in our Cardiff office
We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who has the right enthusiasm and drive, looking to develop their experience in public affairs and communications. You don’t need any consultancy experience, but you need to have a real interest in Welsh current affairs, policy and politics.
Grasshopper is an award-winning communications agency with a creative edge and commitment to community engagement. We create campaigns that change attitudes and actions in positive, lasting ways. We help shape conversations about the world around us. Whether it’s active travel, renewable energy or low carbon technologies.
As a team, we’re united by a common goal – to get people talking and unlock social value. Which makes coming to work meaningful, inspiring and fun.
What we’re looking for
This is an opportunity for an account executive to join a growing, faced-paced team to help us with political research, monitoring, stakeholder engagement and communications, providing you with valuable experience and insights.
We’re looking for a team player; someone with a positive attitude, who likes to get stuck in. This is a flavour of the type of work you’ll be getting involved with:
- Political monitoring of Local Government, Senedd and Westminster
- Drafting political briefing notes
- Research into politicians and policies
- Coordinating meetings and events at the Senedd, online, and around Wales
- Helping with research into stakeholders and drafting reports
- Logging stakeholder enquiries on our stakeholder management system
- Contributing to engagement strategies
Monitoring and research
- Collating information and identifying key themes
- Writing reports summarising issues and presenting data and evidence
- Monitoring social media activity around specific issues
- Monitoring media coverage and collating reports
Rewards and benefits package
- Salary: £21K full time equivalent, pro rata depending on agreed hours.
- Annual bonus (subject to company performance)
- Flexible work approach with core hours 10am-3pm
- Two paid days volunteering a year to help your local community
- Workplace pension scheme
- Training and CPD.
Different people share different values
At Grasshopper, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to us and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Grasshopper we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you, or you are interested in a part-time role, let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work.