Account Manager, PR & Campaigns
If you would like this application in large text or in audio format, please let us know.
Job title: Account Manager, PR & Campaigns
Location: Hybrid working – 2 days per week in our Cardiff office
DELIVERING POSITIVE CHANGE TO THE WORLD AROUND US
Grasshopper is an award-winning communications agency with a creative edge and commitment to community engagement. We create campaigns that change attitudes and actions in positive, lasting ways. We help shape conversations about the world around us. Whether it’s active travel, renewable energy or low carbon technologies.
As a team, we’re united by a common goal – to get people talking and unlock social value. Which makes coming to work meaningful, inspiring and fun.
We have a brilliant opportunity to join our PR & Campaigns team. If you have a genuine passion for your community and an interest in sustainability – then we would love to hear from you. We can promise you a warm welcome, a chance to build your career and make a positive impact on the world around you.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a team player; someone who has a positive attitude, is creative and has an excellent eye for detail. You will have two or more years’ experience in communications and/or PR.
- Develop well written press releases, opinion editorial and blogs
- Demonstrate strong proofreading skills
- Maintain a consistently high level of attention to detail across all communications
- Demonstrate knowledge of your clients’ business, their competitors and the industry
- Manage day to day queries and provide advice and support
- Attend client meetings and contribute effectively
- Produce client-ready reports and campaign evaluations
Social media and marketing
- Edit our Grasshopper newsletter and support marketing activities
- Analysis of social media channels and benchmarking
- Project management of campaigns and retained clients
- Capable of managing a challenging and varying workload that can change at short notice
- Work effectively with more junior and senior team members
- Assist with preparation of new business pitches and presentations
- Undertake research and support development of comms strategies
Rewards and benefits package
- Salary: £27-30K (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus (subject to company performance)
- Flexible work approach with core hours 10am-4pm
- A part-time role would be considered for the right candidate
- Two paid days volunteering a year to help your local community
- Workplace pension scheme
- Training and CPD
Different people share different values
At Grasshopper, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Grasshopper hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to Julie and she will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Grasshopper we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you, let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
How to apply
Please apply for the job by emailing a CV and cover message to [email protected] telling us why you are interested and what you would bring to the role. Feel free to be as creative as you like in your application.
Deadline Monday 18 July 2022 at midday.